Saturday, May 5, 2012

5-4-2012 six to six

6:00 to 6:00 makes for an old coots long day. Reminiscing within my aging mind I remember a sex to sex all nighter that had left me totally drained, but that’s another story….. In both scenarios I slept the next several hours away. Day’s start was with a 2 cow round-up. Then it was breakfast. It seemed we were trying to do what we had gotten drenched out of doing the night before vettening. A couple shots and the ladies continued good health is assured. Once we’d gotten underway for real we changed power supply’s (tractor) in front the newer 554 baler. Had to have a small bit of memory help as to how to set up the baler. (grrr) Poking and prodding with electrical tester, and flushing out electrical connections with WD40; the electric bale tier finally working. The new baler ready to go we turned our attention toward the newer rotary-mower-conditioner. Principally taken care of last Fall it was near ready to go. The turtle bar oil required changing. Wasn’t easy removing the drain plug. Oil drained couldn’t find a n input plug we could remove. We spent hours working and worrying these problems. During all that w&w-ing I sharpened the mower blades. The solution finally came to me going down like this. My bright light bulb idea came to me we park the drain end of the mower as high as we could do it and lower the opposite end as low as we could literally drop it. Into the gear oil drain opening I threaded a piece of ½”IDx16” vinyl tubing, passed up under and up past the machine’s end, pressed into the free end of the hose the I/2” OD 80/90wieght oil pumper nozzle, and pumped in 40 strokes gear oil. Even removing the hose scarcely a drop of oil was lost. “Where there is a will there is a way!” If I may toot my own horn. Fillip finishes greasing the tractor these machine’s will be ready to go. Tomorrow (today) we take on the bale wrapper. Our first hay cutting (winter rye) we want to green wrap it to make and keep it as fresh as a spring breeze when we may package it. Yup, the winter rye is in the boot and ready to Spring harvest for hay. Lollipop’s Fernan

No comments: