Tuesday, September 13, 2011

9-12-2011 New Day

I slept well, Frieda had a restless ear ache night. I had treated her ear for her last night. She’s said it felt better for a while. Now she’s thinking sinus infection? Refusing Doc’s assistance. What do a husband do?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No homeland raids, thankfully. Our country’s intelligence is doing a good job. Any 7/11 memorial broadcasts we (I) missed. My weekend was so full. Went to a benefit dinner and met Madeline (little girl who’d had the 7 heart attacks in one week). Seeing her broke me up and we exchanged a hug for all the folks around the world, across the nation, who’d put up good thoughts and prayers for her. I told her if she ever needed a lap, my lap was open.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
American Pickers?
I don’t know how many people are watching this history channel show, but these guys are price-wise killing me my ability to buy usable materials for a reasonable prices. I mean I’ve dickered prices over a pick for just a bit more than if the item had been totally scrapped.
I mean I may offer at least a scrap price for something I think I may make work or go so far as to make something out of it. If the item doesn’t work out I may look at it as breaking even and I had gotten it out of the former owner’s way. I might have had some fun, and the previous owner had it gotten out of his way.
What I’m trying to say is Mike & Frank have paid some outrageous wholesale prices and posted projected retail prices some totally ridiculous.
I guess it’s all down to each his own.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hypocrites?
Animal lovers worldwide now have access to more than a decade's worth of evidence showing that People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) kills thousands of defenseless pets at its Virginia headquarters. Since 1998, PETA has opted to "put down" 25,840 adoptable dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens instead of finding them "forever homes."
[link=http://www.petakillsanimals.com/]What-a-ya-think?[/link]
Would you believe some animal rightist wants an end to artificial insemination (AI). His (their) thinking cows too are entitled to a bull's romancing.
Fernan

No comments: