Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lazy thoughts

As for HS reunions:
Never felt a part of HS. But, went by once. looked around the room and didn't stay. I instantly realized two truths. Remembering the guys vainly standing in front of mirrors combing their golden locks just so right to impress the girls were all near as bald as billiard balls. Most the ugly duckling girls were late bloomers married to the most hideous looking spouses. And one more truth, those of us the so called country hicks were of the healthiest lot. The men and women in the ruddiest best of human specimen shapes imaginable having lived and worked the physical life were the obvious happiest. That was 40 yrs ago. I haven't wasted my time since.
The lone outsider most my life, I'd guess this has always been where I was the happiest, working the outdoor trades, skipper my own boat on the great lake, spending days on end in the wildernesses of the northern forests or Rockies, and lastly outstanding in my field with the ladies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I barely dotted the last sentence and I’m called out to fix fence. Had just heard something about cattle out all over roads east of Genesee. At the time of the call I had no idea they was ours. I understand there were cops all over the place, there contribution was containing the critters until Keith had become aware of all the commotion to wit he took care of the problem. The sign right out front of the place not one cop noted the sign nor made an effort to call the phone number printed there on. What kind of cops are we training these days? (grin) Least wise by the time I get there, with Tom and Barry’s help all the critters were contained and the fences were a sure enough mess.
Photobucket
I worked on them with Barry’s help for five flipping hours. Went to turn them on and the barn’s power was eventually found dead. Did some checking, not getting anywhere. Eventually found one electrical leg working. Running an extension cord across the barn we finally got the fence charger working. The fence supposedly hot it checked weak. Bummer! It then took me most the afternoon walking, re-walking the fences never to find it. Was near my having to quit time, leg giving out, when Keith returned from his day job and his younger eye spotted the problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow’s routine has another shelled corn grind written in, plus I’ve got to bale and wrap the hay I had cut evening last, and I’m supposed to fit in an assist in checking out fuse box electrical connections. Sure glad today was an easy laid back day’s rest. (hahahohohehe sure)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Home calf feeling like its ready to fall off at the knee, I’ve got that leg up in the air. I’ve taken my rattlers and quietly waiting for the moment I may devoir a stuffed green pepper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did manage to show another woodchuck the Shorthorn country’s Eastern Pet Cemetery with a one word eulogy, “There!” On our way back, my having taken
Her Mostess along to enjoy what I had seen in passing yesterday, we stopped off to enjoy what I call a Poor Man’s Orchid, or some wild Irises. Leave it to me to find them a day or two late their looking like they had peeked a couple days ago.
Photobucket

Then to top everything else off in my travels up and down this road, yesterday I had to slow down, even stop for an unauthorized pedestrian crossings used by these individuals who carelessly ignored looking both ways before crossing the road. Hmmm Good! Just looking and remembering an hardly waiting to invite one of their kind in for another dinner real soon again.
Photobucket

Damn, I’d like to at least make Judy’s visitation? Without a ride I’m not driving into the city again. Lucky to be here it just isn’t worth it my driving’s taken chances, I have got to be there.
Okay, this basically it for another day; and, tomorrow looking as though it may be even longer I’m closing with the traditional BGKC.
Fernan

No comments: