Friday, February 6, 2009

A better day….

….could not have come at a better time. I needed a break from the ultra cold exposures to the recent weather trials. The equipment around here has finally given me a break.
For my first visit with my designated physical therapist this morning, it was not as happy a union (reunion) for me as I had looker forward to.
My bother had this guy ten years ago, my brother finding this guy short of even useless in his administered treatments. From Bro’s description this guy came by for Bro’s home care visits. He’d come in have Bro’ hold and/or press a couple dumbbells. Bro’ was doing more gaining his strength back than this guy had offered in any help.
My loading and unloading Frieda for her knee treatments three years ago. This guy had her lay down on a table, gave her maybe a weigh, maybe not, told her how many repetitions she was going to do, then walked away, instead of staying with her to count repetitions, offer encouragement, and support.
Meanwhile, expecting this guy to at least hang about he was gone. While he was gone she never bothered to count, most of the time she was wearing herself out nor changing speeds nor modified the motions. She had not been ill treated in such an ignored manner before as she had been treated by this therapist.
I knew of what she spoke as I had seen him through the therapy clinic windows ignoring her from his taken seat some steps from her at desk.
So here I was (one of us) in his clinic again. Some hands on examination, he sure as hell couldn’t find a soft spot in a black ripened banana; and, so it was he couldn’t find the tender spots in my back. There might yet be some fun here, maybe even raise some sparks to say the least.
Shorthorn country has exhausted me….
Break the rules.
Forgive quickly!
Kiss slowly!
Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably. .
And never regret anything
that made you smile.
Fernan

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That therapist doesnt sound very theraputic. I would be one to speak up and say hey, don't you have to be watching how I am doing, making sure I am doing it right? I am a noisy person when it comes to this kind of thing. Maybe you could request someone else...might be worth a try. Hugs, Kelly