Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some the hurts

7:00 AM and am I sorry I have slept in later this morning than my old norm. Lawd! Frieda’s looking like Maureen O’Hara and I’m feeling like Quasimodo. The knee in such pain I tend to walk it askew a bit stooped shouldered taking up any body attitude in a effort to avoid any and all pains. My neck is so sore this morning, the cause, I punched a couple pillows together and slept on them wrong under the cover of darkness. BUTT, I sure as Hell ain’t feeling like a Duke!
I’ve sorted and taken my rattlers. When the ice pack under my left limb has tuned to warm water and the one minute nuked rice-in-a-sock around my neck has cooled Frieda’s gotten out her old knee surgery knee braces for me to try-on/try-out. After setting in Doc’s office half the afternoon and evening I ain’t feeling like going anywhere beyond the borders of Shorthorn country. Hay supplies gravitating oh so low, some grasses tall enough I’m waiting for one emotionally disbarring word from any one Lady, two or three. When they’ve done a reasonably fair job consuming the last bale hay given. Them I’ll be swinging the gates to the front west side pasture to the whole Mob. Then check on two more close in area’s to difficult to mechanically harvest. Reminds me, If my knee will let me clutch the JD what hay-yard hay’s left I had better be hauling it off to nearer my front yard‘s ground... And the real pisser, Tom’s seeding, Barry will be setting the seed, and I’ve got to grind again. Yeah sure, I’m going to grind. Crap, Guess I’d better get fed, dressed and ready for the same old grind when the timing’s right. }:^( / {;^)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ladies up to their bellies in grass as of noon today…..
Photobucket
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well while the grass has done it’s part growing tall here’s checking out a another volunteer crop.
Photobucket
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This’s what’s left our winter’s firewood supply.
Photobucket
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7:00 PM and I’ve had more than enough. Cussed Ugly didn’t but give me a flooded engine all day. A very unpleasant Ugly attribute tugging on farm wagons all morning long. It near noon it took to grind today’s grain. It only took me four hours to handle that normally 2 hr job including transport most the time. Oh well, at my age why should I take up worrying. Really says I and that’s what I thought I’d do when I hit my own private wall. Tube steaks. I just knew I was going to be sorry I bought them. 2 of them were lunch.
Then to live in the fast lane while I had tired out my left limb I put it to rest in Frieda’s wheel chair for over five hours. Ring a-ring ding, I got a digital voice and menu near every number I dialed. one of them even called me back, and another entertained me with some mighty fine easy listening elevator music. Thems some of the good points. Some of the worst calls where dialing those numbers of establishments keeping better hours than the banks of old.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple large fields were planted in Sudex today and the seed set. Come-on rain. One more little field new to us still to be planted. Only a few more days we’ll be into haying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The biggest pain in the arse was some cracker trying to take over my computer. It gave me a time for a-while until I got it stopped and erased. These guys should be caught, tried and jailed. White collar crime is allowed to run ramped in this country for anybody knowing how to cheating the big money. It burns me up. BGKC.
Fernan

No comments: