Sunday, August 30, 2009

50 degree wakeup

Deck’s wet with overnight showers, sun’s cracking the eastern horizon’s dawn. Guesser told, seeing, like a pretty day a coming.
Guessers are also suggesting frost freeze warnings.
~~~~~~~~~~
Taking a chance on all my circuits holding been thimking I could sure use a lighter weight windbreaker like type barnyard tuxedo without going all the way down to an unlined coverall. Only I don’t know where to look?
Darn it, researching e-net all I find are quilt lined heavy poplin, poly-insulated, fleece lined offerings. When I finally find one suit merely lined, it’s unavailable.
~~~~~~~~~~
Slow……....I've just realized a Will is a dead giveaway.
And, something else, when I bring up the subject of a 500 pound memorial stone, all Frieda says, "Just make it about ten carrots."
~~~~~~~~~~
Cruising the net a few moments while the grass dried I found myself unable to comment DW’s “…Me” journal. Been happening a lot lately. Good Luck girl keeping your Asian spammer out.
~~~~~~~~~~
With every intention to mow as much sudex for hay silage today as I could handle baling in a couple days I had to decide where to start. This sudex in the hollow was to wet when I wanted to set in upon it. The far field was looking the better choice the open country advantages for breezes to help dry and blow the humidity away. I started there. Ihad an idea as how to mow more sudex if I approached the crop in a somewhat different manner.
Normally I’d go around the field six times (or rounds) then run the length of the field with plowed direction. Only this involved driving upon the previously downed crop on head lands packing that cut down into the sudex stubble then making that driven on grass difficult if at all to be picked up and baled.
The solution was a simple one. I divided the field into four parts then treated each part as an individual field breaking each one in in-turn making al least six rounds each theoretically without driving down any previously cut crop.
This cut will likely be baled and wrapped in three days. In between I’ll break in the field down in the hollow. Plan is doing something with the hay every day this week as long as the weather holds. May the saints preserve the energy to bring this late summer crop harvest home.
~~~~~~~~~~
This evening I came home to a warm house, and a much warmer wife. Supper was last nights leftovers. Hmm, not bad…, was better last night. Weird hey? BGKC.
Fernan

No comments: