Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I lost a noble friend

While I had made some indefinite plans for the day, more or less to be determined by the weather, they were seriously sidelined for a most somber event. A big friend of mine, a tall Belgian he, he quietly had passed away overnight. I did what I could to console the family as they handed me the task of Johnny’s last rights, this very same day.
The day then started with the gathering of tools. Then I brought Johnny’s body out into the light of day from his chambers. What a drag he was his weight to much for me alone to safely handle. Immediately taken to his final resting place, I commenced to dig a hole big enough for all his bulk to comfortably rest there-in for all eternity. Meanwhile, he’ll rest easy no longer pushing heavy loads over our the Michigan landscapes. May his soul be blessed for an individual as big as a horse. Second thought. Johnny was a horse. I shall miss seeing him, his taking mere tid-bits from my hand, his breathing on the back of my neck. A friendly heavy galoot so easy and light on his feet, one to never hurt a friendly butterfly. He is already missed. Rest easy big friend. You've BGKC.
Fernan

1 comment:

Paula said...

So sorry for the loss of your noble friend.