Monday, April 26, 2010

Some Family history

Some Family history
Have researched both our sides. Frieda's side: Found her sir name not Irish but English, another not English but Irish, Her mother a Dutch descendant coming into US through Grand Haven Mi. an entry port (surprise).
While two of Frieda's grgrparents sir names so did also two of my family sir names.
I found my Dad's mom a Mayflower descendant. (I'd liked to have known him! Hard working, hot tempered)
Had found all four our principle grgrparents sir names migrating into Michigan roughly about 1850, related or there abouts. Some from other US locals.
Frieda’s original Sir name: Three William Dells, the only all three Wm Dell’s from UK settled in SW Mi. were a great deal of fun sorting out. (All had settled (via today's auto's & roads no more than 40 min apart.)
Backtracking the lot of them my hard hit wall going back for six of them was the 1850’s census. Did find some suspected old time cousins of mine might have migrated into the Gobles Mi. area SW Mi. in about 1835. An interesting side handed bit of recent history three TV personalities we’ve all likely watched in the 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s come from that today’s village community area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the farm goes it has been a good day my just waking up. Sun shinning, reasonably warm made it an even better day to be alive. I fixed or better said modified the lower lot’s fence for keeping the yearling heifers safely in and free of harm. It took all day with Barry’s help my taking only a minute every now’n’then to tell him all I knew. He is becoming an apt student.. The modified parts done,still have a broken out section to mend tomorrow.
I was going to tote all my tools to one location, (shop) sort them and put them away. Shop tools to shop tools, field tools to field tools. I wonder just how long these separate tool use tool box distinctions will stand as corrected. Oh well, that toting part, I can try that dreamed up routine all over again tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here’s a picture of the wood lot’s replenished wildlife habitat.
Photobucket
Plus, a picture of the burn pile as it looks today. Compacter like it is it should burn quickly and completely when I touch it off after I’ve gotten a new burn permit.
Photobucket
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sundown but minutes away I got in at 8:15 PM the sun having already dropped down behind the western tree line, the moon almost full was well high in the southeastern sky.
Supper was sliced cold wild turkey sandwiches made with mayonnaise, having green olives and cranberries on the side. It was good. To save space, Frieda’s sliced away at the bird so it fit in a couple tidy little refrigerator packages. My husbandry and husbandly duties handled I’m exhausted a prepared to retire. BGKC.
Fernan

No comments: