Sunday, April 11, 2010

time’s value

I’ve never been one to enjoy going or seeing a sporting event. I view it as time wasted. Give me friends and a gab fest over a couple coffees or beers and I’ll have had a good time. Or, let me alone in my shop working on one of my-special-project’s whether it be in woodworking or mechanical involving moving parts for an end’s usefulness. I enjoy standing back looking at a created work of art; or, gloating (even if it be private) over a mechanical accomplishment to make my life easier. Then it’s celebration time if it’s no more than a beer or a glass of fine wine. Give me a sense of accomplishment and I’m a happy camper.
When I’ve finished this, checked my laundry, remove my fifty pound boots each, and I may feel like writing another page in my very private journal. (a slim smile smiled slim)
*Saturday evening’s ramblings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was doing alright until I got caught in this for four hrs. The top element went ka-put. The bottom of the ten year old water heater filled with lime. It took a variable bit of effort to drain the cussed tank wiggling a piece of 17gage fence wire worked through the valve PLUS a shot of compressed air to clear that passage and put pressure into the system to open that passage to let the water mostly dribble out. A clean but miserable job.
Photobucket
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After lunch I finally got back to TRYING to make fix the 1816 Case. While I fiddled with the water heater Bro’ picked up water heater and Case parts. For all my efforts the afternoon was a complete waste of time. While I had figured out the wires or wiring And temporarily had all the parts lined up for their fittings I found none of them would fit within the space allotted. Thankfully tomorrow is another day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halleluiah! The bovine stork as finally made in corner of Shorthorn country.
Photobucket
Newly born the cow and calf having some difficulty getting a solid connection at the udder end; I left the critters alone. I can record the vitals tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been a particularly interesting Shorthorn country day. Either to hard or boring to explain it in an adventurous style, ya’d had to been here to have truly enjoied it. BGKC.
Fernan

1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm with you on watching the sporting events. I can find so many more things to do.