Saturday, January 28, 2012

1-27-2012 I Surprised Me

A slow start this morning these troops reluctant to roll out of their individual rack’s. What a bunch of sleepy heads. In addition our Michigan weather has been near balmy. So balmy it’s hard to believe its supposed to be Winter. The weather’s been so warm I’ve been letting the fire go out the last three/four nights, rebuilding it a-new each morning. When we finally got it in gear we (Fillip and I) cut up tires taking two breaks to rest our hands and arms, warm our hands, and eat.
While that part of my old method of using three different saws in sequence work for dissecting a tire into three pieced trash, This time I found the tire cutting much more efficient with Fillip holding each tire down, myself cutting them with each particular saw fitted with a different blade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My turning a tire into trash starts with my using a home builder’s skill-saw for cutting a slot in the tire’s sidewall.
Photobucket

Secondly I use a saber-saw with a wood toothed saw blade starting in the sawed slot to cut out the tires beads.
Photobucket

The third saber-saw fitted with a fine toothed metal blade I use for cutting the light truck or car tire casing into three parts. A tractor driver I’ll cut into four easier to handle parts.
Photobucket
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the last class act part of the day into evening we went up to Frankenmuth for their annual snow-fest winter celebration. This evening menu included a karaoke talent show. After the talent show we took a walk about taken in seeing ice’n’snow sculptures offered for our viewing pleasures.
I suppose I (we) had a good time. Taking me some four years to get to Frankenmuth for their yearly ice sculpture show’s year after year I can comfortably go back staying home to missing them from next year on again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phooey! My yawning so wide, in fear of a slip of the lip and swallowing myself alive I’ve got to call this writing quits and post it tomorrow.
“Rainbows.”
Fernan

No comments: