Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A lazy crazy day

For the day’s openers after the usual chores I found myself be-seated on top the digger-backhoe. Watching others make dig in hole I was destined to keep cleaned out while the lot of us looked for some elusive power lines. Three quarters the day spent on enlarging that growing hole and all I personally managed to do was I cut the main water line, which of course that pipe eventually required my expertise patching it up so the mamas and their calves would have water.
Surprise, surprise, I got in a couple hours making fix on Cushman engine replacing the pistons on the connecting rods. That was fun. The repair manual suggested I needed a special tool for working on the wrist pins. Me no got, I improvised. Using an oak 4x4 with a notch cut in the middle and the ten ton press I made squeeze the old pins out the new pins in.
Oh yeah, I did three loads laundry and delivered a four box care package to some one having less to eat than us.
So it was all this fun what caused me to enjoy my exclusive Shorthorn country day. BGKC
Fernan

No comments: