Saturday, July 2, 2011

7-1-2011 What an unusual day

The closest thing to an exciting happening all day today, no break downs. That’s correct, no breakdowns. Unbelievably unreal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the day’s starters I set out to run and did almost a mile of electric fence. On returning to the barnyard I needed only to holler out once, “Come Boss!” The ladies coming up were on their way. Turned out, a body would have thought all this a slim-flim-knackular idear was theirs idea.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Close enough to a belated lunch time I ate a hearty meal. slipped in some laundry time. My meal hot was a first after several days. Well fed I was taking on an all afternoon 17’r’19 acre alfalfa hay field. I had it mowen in about three hours. I’ll estimate it’ll take me six’n’half hours to bale it alone most likely come Monday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It had been some days since Ugly had been cleaned out. It was good time clear the old load; used tools, parts leftovers, and assorted fluids. To be replaced with a new collection of shop goods for more current tractor and implement needs.
Some where/some time in these local travels I had checked the Dodge road hay condition. It was ready to bale. I was off again doing the this field and arriving home just moments before this evening’s twilight beginning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fixing my supper wasn’t easy as my mind and body went into full relaxed mode the moment my feet crossed over my threshold. Oh I ate well enough satisfying my thirst with a quart and a half of milk. Now ready for sleep.
“Rainbows.”
Fernan

No comments: