Monday, July 20, 2009

Will rains ever stop?

As for yesterday in spite the rains, the beat went on. Unable to get it the fields un-account of rain, the shop still beckoned. EzGo cart needed repairs. I had nothing to do with that. The gravity box floor almost mended it wasn‘t finished until today. Ugly taking it in tow I saw a bit of light shinning thru a hole what ain’t supposed to be there. Tough. I ain’t putting it in line for another week for another repair order. Bummmmmmmmer!
While I saw to everybody else was happily doing something along the lines of orderly repairs I experimented with cutting up a tire. It’ll be a few days before I’ll make anything even wholly short of a comprehensive report. If my first cutting works out I may be in bussiness ridding the this Shorthorn country place of a few regooded new to reuse tires. But then maybe not. The first cut up tyre is giving me a bit of trouble.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This very morning’s activity included Tom’s continued gravity box floor’s repair. I aired tires to bring up a retired forage box. I removed the aprons and related hardware. A party of three freed the forage box its un-loader machinery with the aid a heavy skid-steer. The roof raised ugly in tow we moved it away to Tom’s farm-yard. The side walls may be recycled into swine shelters. If I’m not mistaken they’re old materials in that forage box what have already seen service twice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for some tidbits:
Stepping out this morning’s door the home cows were gone having broken the gate. The calf still here I closed things up a bit so he didn’t fall out of the barnyard. This evening taking bottle down to my then full charge, ma ma cow shows up. I locked up the calf and opened the gates to let mom in. Before evening chores were done ma cow was back in my custody with everybody happy for the night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our loco weather report, having lived it, three showers today totaling a ½” rain today had gotten uncomfortably wet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, something entirely remarkably different.
Walter Breuning, 112, the world's oldest man, a Montana resident who was born Sept. 21, 1896, remembers his grandfather's stories about fighting in the civil war. He still walks the ramps of his retirement home wearing a suit and tie.
BGKC
Fernan

No comments: